Communications and Marketing Coordinator (part-time)
FUNCTION AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for increasing engagement with and financial support for the National Kidney Foundation of Wisconsin (NKFW) and integrating the NKFW mission and brand in all aspects of services, programs, and events. The Communications and Marketing Coordinator reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
Metrics: Increase the engagement of patients, caregivers and healthcare providers with the National Kidney Foundation of Wisconsin.
Manage master communications plan and calendar
Serve as liaison with National Kidney Foundation national office to ensure alignment with National branding and messaging
Develop content for social media, website, and collateral materials for services or programs and events
Responsible for NKFW newsletter(s) and Annual Report
Responsible to promote National campaigns, professional events, and constituent programs including:
Giving Tuesday, Kidney Cars, Team Kidney, March is Kidney Month and Donate Life Month
Secure sponsors or in-kind donations for corporate communications
Develop and implement communications to recruit event or organizational volunteers
Collect and analyze data to evaluate effectiveness of engagement strategies
Collaborate with design, print or marketing vendors or volunteer experts as required
Train and oversee volunteers or interns performing communications-related activities
Manage external exhibit or special requests for NKFW presence, speakers or materials
50TH ANNIVERSARY (2018-19) ACTIVITIES
Metrics: Create new opportunities for statewide visibility and fundraising through 50th anniversary promotion and activities
Catalog and organize archived materials and document historical milestones
Develop and implement an external media plan and a plan for communications with kidney health, donation, and transplant communities.
Oversee the development of all 50th Anniversary-related materials and promotions
Coordinate internal and external communications for 50th Anniversary events and activities
Meet or exceed attendance goals for each event
Meet or exceed fundraising goals for individual event participants
Collaborate with other staff and volunteers on strategies to increase attendance and individual fundraising
Develop, implement, and evaluate marketing, communications and fundraising materials
Create print, social media, mobile, web, and electronic communications
Oversee the distribution of all pre-event promotional materials
Ensure crisis communications plan is in place for all events
Responsible for all scripts, announcements, way-finding materials or signage
Oversee preparation and execution for all entertainment, ceremonies and/or awards presentations
Serve as event-day liaison to local media, VIP’s, event sponsors, and vendors
Responsible for quality ‘event capture’ activities including photography, video, audio, live streaming and social media
Gather and analyze event feedback from participants, attendees, and volunteers
Ensure timely recognition and data entry of event participants, monetary/in-kind contributors, and volunteers in NKFW database
DIY or THIRD-PARTY EVENTS
Ensure NKFW sponsored or supported events reflect appropriate mission messaging and promote ongoing opportunities for engagement with the organization
Develop materials and promote the creation of DIY community events and activities
Promote DIY or other approved third-party events
Support events or represent the NKFW as assigned
Ensure recognition and data entry of DIY or third party participants, monetary/in-kind contributors, and volunteers
Collaborate and support NKFW staff or volunteer leaders to ensure superb customer service and positive experiences for participants and supporters of the NKFW mission
Network to enhance relationships with participants, sponsors, contributors, media and volunteers
Propose creative ideas to improve quality and growth of NKFW fundraising events and programs
Contribute suggestions to improve the overall quality of organizational processes or operations
Provide staff support for other NKFW-sponsored community screenings, educational programs or trainings as requested
Perform additional tasks as assigned
Energetic and empathetic
- Degree in communications, public relations, marketing, or relevant field preferred; significant work experience may substitute for the degree.
- Demonstrated experience in marketing, sales, media relations and/or corporate communications.
- Demonstrated communications or marketing experience with multiple demographic groups.
- Experience with Facebook and Twitter required. Experience with LinkedIn, Google+, Tumblr, Instagram, and interactive technologies – live streaming, GoToMeeting – preferred.
- Proficient with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and photo and graphic design software. Photography or video experience a plus.
- Experience managing vendor relationships – printers, graphic designers, etc.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Previous public speaking or media relations experience required.
- Willing to work in a small, collaborative office environment.
- Able to work daily during the week and be willing to adjust schedule occasionally to accommodate weekend or evening meetings/events.
- Must be able to stand for 1-2 hours at a time and be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Non-smoker preferred.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Must have a valid Wisconsin driver’s license, proof of insurance coverage, and access to reliable personal transportation.
- Finalists must be able to provide a minimum of 3 references who will be able to offer insight into candidate’s: writing or public speaking skills, cross-generational and multi-cultural experiences, creativity and initiative, collaborative skills, personal integrity and ethics.
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. A minimum of three (3) communications or marketing-related work/volunteer references required prior to final interview. A background check of the final candidate(s) may be required.
We are currently accepting applications for Fall/Winter Internships.
Contact us for details using our contact form.
Interested in Volunteering?
Review our volunteer opportunities.