The Derby Dash Run/Walk is a community-building event and an opportunity for individuals and families to raise awareness about the importance of kidney health and the lifesaving treatments of dialysis and transplantation. Whether walking, running, volunteering or cheering, this is a great way to spend a Saturday morning and a chance to meet those impacted by kidney disease or organ donation.
Date: Saturday May 5th
10:30: 5K Run/Walk Starts, 1-Mile Walk immediately following
11:30: Picnic with your family/food & beverages available/live entertainment by Sigmund Snopek
Location: Whitnall Park - Root River Parkway South
- 5K run/walk and 1-mile walking course
- USATF certified course, managed by Next Level Sports and timed by In Focus Timing
- Age category medals (12 and up)
- Long-sleeve t-shirt with registration (kids under 11 get KidsClub item in lieu of t-shirt)
- Entertainment by Sigmund Snopek (musician and humorist) NEW
- Celebrate at our kidney-version of Derby Day with contests and awards/prizes (Best Derby Hat, etc.) NEW
- Socialize and enjoy the Milwaukee County Parks Beer Garden, starting at 11:00 am
- Support the mission of the NKFW by donating now. Round your registration up to $50 (for our 50 year anniversary) and you’ll get some extra kidney swag!
- Sponsorship Opportunities (PDF)
- Volunteer opportunities available (check back March 1)